The most exciting urban
planning project in the metropolis
An extraordinary place and space is being created in the heart of Berlin. For the very highest standards in residential living, working and shopping. Somewhere that will enrich the city with art and culture. A place for stunning cosmopolitan architecture by
A new urban quarter
offering countless opportunities
As a firm part of
The outstanding architectural practices of
- Holistic design concept for the
AM TACHELESquarter courtesy of Herzog & de Meuron
- Integrative urban planning as an open, vibrant quarter, with a design concept extending from urban planning down to the last architectural detail
- Elaborate planning of open spaces, with large green plazas and about 170 trees
- Intelligent lighting concept and aesthetic signage
- Outstanding shopping and leisure-time facilities in the quarter and the vicinity
A photo museum for the 21st century: As one of the worlds most successful photo museums, Fotografiska Berlin, located in the former Kunsthaus Tacheles, will attract Berliners and visitors from all over the world. The exhibitions of famous photographers and new artistic talents will be complemented by a wide range of events, a special culinary offer and a photo academy.
A piece of Berlin that is redefining itself
“The Tacheles building will be integrated into the future urban fabric and revitalized by means of planned cultural usages. The idea is to highlight the location’s long history while also continuing it, moving it forward into tomorrow.”
1908 The Friedrichstrassen Arcades
The fashionable department store was one of the first and most interesting of its kind – in architectural terms, too.
1990-2014 Arthouse Tacheles
Wild, out of the ordinary - Berlin.
Tacheles became a magnet attracting the national and international art scene
1927 House of Technology
AEG relocated here and presented its range of electrical products in the former Friedrichstrassen Arcades